Wednesday, May 11

Well since this is goodbye..

This post is for those friends I have met while studying abroad. It's thursday afternoon, which means that tomorrow I must say my goodbyes. The past few days i've been thinking back to when I first sat in the airport in LA waiting to leave for Cyprus. I had no idea what the future held, no idea who I would encounter along the way, no idea that I would ultimately make friends that I will forever hold dear to me. Im beginning to realize, as my days with all of you wind down, that what we have all shared has been truly remarkable. We are a group of individuals with a wide variety of backgrounds with a wide variety of personalities. We are a motley crew, but were still a crew. Now that this voyage is ending I need you guys to realize one thing. All of you are loved by a God that is bigger than you and I can ever comprehend. It is hard to comprehend how big God is when there is terror in your life, when there is pain and suffering in the world, and even whenever life seems completely in place. He is a God that is present in both the happy and the sad. I hope that you begin to realize this throughout your life just as I attempt to get a better realization of it each and every day. I realize that not everybody in this program is a believer in Jesus. I realize that some people may never end up believing in Jesus. Whatever the case I pray that you at least take the opportunity to seek God out. I will greatly miss each and every person I have met on this trip. It has truly been a fun and exciting adventure. Keep the adventure alive when you head home. Each and every day there are opportunities for adventure. They may not be as easy to find in your daily routine lifestyles but they are still there if you search hard enough. As for me I will be living my life one day at a time. It is crucial at times to look back and seek out what you have learned along the way, but it is also crucial to realize that the present is far more important. What you do with today can determine what the next day brings. You all have truly been inspiring to me and I know I will realize just how much inspiration I have been given when I return home. Many folks don't think I will miss them at all, but I have already started to miss you. You are all very unique and special and I hope you are able to channel those qualities to do great things. Our paths will cross again one day and I will be stoked to see you. I will be excited to see what God has been doing in your lives. Keep your heads up and your eyes wide open because this life has opportunities that many don't ever take. Through getting to know you guys this semester I can tell that you are people who will take these opportunities and Im stoked to be able to honestly say that about you. I love you all very much, we have shared too much together. We have shared so much that it will be impossible to completely shut each other out of of our lives. You will always be the people I shared this once in a lifetime experience with and Im stoked that it was you. I truly couldn't have asked for a better group of people to share this with. So I wanted to write this for you, as a small way to say thank you:)

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.-- Jeremiah 29:11

-Happy Day To All
-Matty J

No comments:

Post a Comment